Sunday, January 28, 2007

OMGWTFBBQ!!11oneone LOOK AT THIS! BumpTop 3D Desktop Prototype


BumpTop 3D Desktop Prototype Demo Video

Wonder how many of you have seen this video - this is REVOLUTIONARY! There are a couple of programs out there, but this looks by far to be the most user-friendly. Of course there are stuff for Linux - Ubuntu Kubuntu XGL Beryl (if you don't know what I'm talking about don't worry, neither do I), but as already suggested, they are for open-source OSs (OSOSs hurhur). I'm an idiot as far as that is concerned.

One program for Windows is 3D Top, but I don't recommend you try it because it's really hard to navigate. And, well, it looks rather primitive. All I managed to do to my desktop was to make it into a disco, roving spotlights and strobers and all, with the lights function. See this

3D Top Screenshot
as compared to this

BumpTop
Of course, I can't say for sure that BumpTop will be easy to use, but it looks fun and easy in the video (DOESN'T EVERYTHING?? you scream).

I was disappointed that there were no downloads available yet. But I signed up for the newsletter, which promised news of beta testing opportunities if any. This is the first time I've done this, go bazooka over a new software and sign up in hopes of trying it. So geeky! But I'm already too used to behaving weirdly for my interests.

Finally if you have watched the demo video, here's a funny parody.



Grrrr I can't wait!

No comments: