Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Wind of Change

I was just burning a couple of CDs just now when I realized how little RAM the burner was taking up.


I commented to Kaiyan how I remembered I had to drop every other task on the computer and stare at the screen in silence when I was burning a CD on my old computer, because everything just becomes unusable with the lag, and also because of the fear of corrupting the data should your actions interfere with the memory buffer.

Now, even with this stupid computer, this 512RAM computer that behaves more like a 256RAM computer, burning is what it should have been all along - a background process. While something as simple as opening too many Internet Explorer tabs can bring the computer to a grinding halt, I could navigate without the slightest bit of lag while the CDs were burning.

Technology.

No comments: